Fiber laser cutting machine is a currently popular laser cutting type which adopts fiber laser source to fulfil perfect cutting effect. Fiber lasers are a type of solid state laser that is rapidly growing within the metal cutting industry.
A Brief Comparison Between CO2 Laser vs Fiber Laser
Fiber technology utilizes a solid gain medium, as opposed to a gas or liquid. The “seed laser” produces the laser beam and is then amplified within a glass fiber. With a wavelength of only 1.064 micrometers, fiber lasers produce an extremely small spot size (up to 100 times smaller compared to the CO2) making it ideal for cutting reflective metal material.
Fiber laser source can outputs high-powered laser beam that focuses on the surface of materials, vaporizing or melting the focused area instantaneously. Controlled by numerical and mechanical system, the laser head is moved and laser spot is also changed accordingly to achieve automatic cutting with fast speed and high accuracy. Fiber laser cutter has been developed into a highly precise laser cutting type, widely used in metal parts processing industries.
Work Versatility of Fiber Laser Cutting Machine for Metals
Fiber laser cutting machine is able to process a wide range metal materials, including stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, aluminum, galvanized sheet, copper, silver, gold and so on, for which different fiber laser sources could be opted regarding to the features of metals.
In addition to sheet metals cutting, fiber laser cutting machine also could process profiled metals and steel pipes. A set of steel pipe cutting system can be configured to the machine to broaden its cutting capacity. The cutting edge is neat and smooth to meet high industrial requirement.
Main Advantages of Fiber Laser Cutting
- Fiber laser has higher energy conversion rate that can reach up to 30%, saving operation and maintenance cost.
- Fiber lasers are designed with semiconductor modular and redundancy, and there is no optical lens in resonant cavity. So no need to spend much time starting and adjusting the machine before cutting work, which is incomparable among traditional laser machines.
- Protective lens is configured in fiber laser head to protect focus lens and reduce parts consumption.
- Laser head won’t touch the materials directly so as not to scratch the materials and ensure quality cutting effect.
- Fiber laser produces the smallest kerf and thermal area, which keeps the cutting stability and avoid deformation of the material.
- 02mm/min cutting accuracy and fast cutting speed markedly increases the work efficiency of metal parts manufacturing.
- Fiber laser cutting machine works in a safe and environmentally friendly way. Little pollution and noise will be produced and workshop environment is well protected.
As a professional fiber laser equipment manufacturer, we are specialized in fiber laser cutting machine and fiber laser marking/engraving machine manufacturing and technical service. For more details about fiber laser cutting machine selection and operation, please contact us for customized laser solution to upgrade your business.
Reprinted please specify from MORNFIBER